As the weather heats up, so do our launch opportunities! We’ve added a bonus launch date to our calendar. Come on out and fly with us, Sunday May 31, 2015. The range will be open to low, mid and high power fliers with our 5000 foot FAA waiver in effect. The launch will run from 9 am to 4 pm.
Tune in the night before the launch for a GO/NO-GO update based on the latest weather outlook.
We are GO for our Saturday May 9th launch! We are also go for the Flower Power NAR contest. The fun begins at 9 am tomorrow. Hope to see you for what promises to be a great day of Spring flying!
Our next launch is rapidly approaching. It is scheduled for Saturday May 9th from 9 am to 4 pm. The range will be open to low, mid and high power fliers with our 5000 foot FAA waiver in effect.
With the weather finally getting into a nice warm gear, nothing is more pleasant than a day with rockets on the farm. We hope you’ll join us!
We are GO for our Saturday April 18th launch! The “In Like a Lion…” NAR contest is also a GO!
We are expecting temperatures topping out in the mid 70s tomorrow with lots of sunshine. Breezes are forecast to increase as we move into afternoon, so the only advice would be if you have a project you plan to fly high, try to get the flight in earlier in the day.
The fun begins at 9 am and runs til roughly 4 pm. We hope to see you tomorrow for what should be a spectacular day of Spring flying!
Make note of the special date of our next launch. Our April launch will be held one week later than normal on Saturday April 18th due to a conflict with Red Glare.
Come on out and get your Spring flying in gear! The range will be open to low, mid and high power fliers with out 5000 foot FAA waiver in effect. We’ll also be hosting the “In Like a Lion, Out Like a Rocket Meet” contest finally on that date!
Tons of rocket fun! Hope to see you there!
After being grounded since early January due to the harsh winter we had, we finally returned to the skies today. The weather, though cool, cooperated with crystal clear skies and reasonable breezes. We took full advantage, dusting off our rockets and getting them into the air. Thanks to all who came out today to help us get back in the groove!
Our next scheduled launch is Saturday April 18, 2015. Note, this is one week later than usual to avoid a conflict with Red Glare. The “In Like a Lion, Out Like a Rocket Meet” contest will also be held on the 18th.
A sincere thank you to the hard working contingent of club members who came out today to help out at the farm. Each of you made a positive impact in helping the farm speed along its preparation for the growing season ahead. You did a fantastic job!
We realize that with the recent need to re-schedule this activity a few times, it made it increasingly challenging for any of you to clear time again on your calendars for today. In spite of that we were quite impressed with the turn out. A special thank you to those who were able to attend!
Though weather conspired to cancel the last two attempts to hold a Day of Service to help our friends at the farm, there is still plenty of work they could use a hand with. We’ll be heading out there this Saturday March 28th to help them catch up on planting projects, in the greenhouses, which have been delayed by the rough winter we all endured.
If you can spare a few hours, please stop by. We’ll be there all day. Your contribution of a little of your time will help sow the seeds for a successful season for the farm. They give us so much in providing us an awesome place to fly. Its always great to give back. Thanks!
For those hungry to launch, we are targeting Sunday March 29th for a launch. Everything looks favorable so far. We’ll post a final launch status update Saturday evening.
The contest which was scheduled for March has been postponed until Saturday April 18th.
We hope to see you on Saturday to help the farm gets its season going, and then on Sunday to get ours in gear too! :)
Consulting with our landowner, our planned activities for this weekend have both been postponed due to the thick layer of snow which has fallen today.
The fine people at the farm are behind on seasonal preps due to the harsh weather we have endured this year. They could still use our help. So though our Day of Service is cancelled for March 21st, we do hope some of you if you have a few hours to spare can come on our the following Saturday and help the farm catch up. We appreciate any help you can provide!
We will be evaluating a new date for our next launch opportunity over the next few days. We are chomping at the bit to fly after this long winter which has kept us all grounded. We will be looking to get out there at the earliest practical opportunity, so please stay tuned!
Our club is committed to maximizing flying opportunities this season. In addition to regularly scheduled monthly launches, we’ll have a generous number of bonus launch dates added to the schedule to make the most of the prime flying season once it arrives. Thank you for your patience, understanding and support in the interim.
We have received word from our landowner that due to poor conditions at the farm resulting from today’s snowstorm, the Day of Service scheduled for Saturday March 21st has been canceled. We are still evaluating the status of Sunday’s scheduled launch, but it may also need to be postponed. Please stay tuned for updates. We apologize for the impact of these changes on your plans, but do appreciate your understanding and support.