GO for Launch – Saturday February 10, 2018!

We are GO for our Saturday February 10, 2018 launch!   Please read the following important notes for tomorrow if you plan to attend:

  1.  Since the field still has some snow and ice, and there will be a bit of a melt tomorrow, there will be no parking on the field.   Please park along the road in a manner where you don’t block any farm vehicles which might need to get by.

  2. As we did last month, we’ll be moving the pads in a bit to keep the trek out to them from the road manageable.

  3. Temperatures are forecast to warm into the mid 40s tomorrow, so there will be a bit of melting.   Please plan your footwear accordingly, also keeping in mind that things good be a bit slippery if you need to go for a long recovery.

  4. We don’t know how high the ceiling will ultimately be tomorrow.   Since there will be clouds, and we may even start off with fog, please keep your flight plans flexible.

  5. Since it is winter and there is a rain threat increasing as we move later into the afternoon, we could wrap up a bit earlier than the usual 4 pm.   If you have something to fly, arriving no later than midday would be smart.    The launch will kick off at the usual 9 am.

We are only willing to be out flying in the winter if we can do so safely.   We appreciate your continued cooperation in keeping things so.

One last note.  If you are coming out to attempt a high power certification tomorrow, please remember to bring your NAR High Power Certification application form and a current NAR membership card.   Without these we won’t be able to help you.

Weather for tomorrow is a light south to southwest breeze and mostly cloudy skies.  Temperatures starting in the mid 30s at 9 am and peaking into the mid 40s.    It should be a nice day for some mid winter flying.   We hope to see you there! :)

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.